Well, gee, I’d thought I’d have lots of little things to mutter about my theatre production. But instead I’m working flat out, it feels, and barely have time to download mail, (let alone read it), and no time at all to marshal thoughts for the blog.
Mind you, I did manage another lot of first fittings today. And for the most part it went well. I’m finding it a bit hard on the brain with this “double casting” thing. I have to remember when someone comes in for their fitting, that they’re only half of the job. For some of the roles, there’s enough difference in size, that I already know ahead of time that one costume won’t be one, but at least one and a half, probably two. But there’s a few instances where their sizes are close enough that I have to fit one, and not make definite moves to alter the costume, until I’m sure the second person needs the same alterations!
What I am finding a bit odd, is the mind set of these young actors. They don’t yet have the experience to be giving the kind of comments you’d get from long term actors. Instead these kids kind of take on the roles of designer, director, & playwright. “I have this dress...”, “I have these shoes...(red stilettos!)”, I think the character should have a hat like…”, “I’d like to wear boots, knee-high, I could tuck my pants in”….
And it’s funny, they none of them seem to know how to tuck a shirt in. Or put a jacket on, if I kindly hold it out for them.
Still, I’m thinking they have a lot of energy and enthusiasm, and I’m thinking it might be a good-looking show by the time we’re done…Certainly, I’m hoping that!
No comments:
Post a Comment