…It’s great! I have tons of things to blog about during this show, and no time at all to squeeze it in!
This morning is a cue to cue rehearsal, a wee bit later-starting than usual, though I do need to be there, to try and get a rough idea of when all the costume changes happen. (But it means I can grab a last few seconds before leaving to fling this together.)
We did Costume Parade on Friday morning, and apart from it being totally chaotic upstairs in the dressing rooms: 6 fellows rattling about in one room, 19 girls in the other!, downstairs, on stage, not only did everyone end up with a costume, they even looked good! I’m so pleased. (What a bonus!) There had always been the chance that design vision might have to bow to the practicality of just having ANYTHING AT ALL on these people!
So, last night I took care of the one last note I had, bought one more pair of heel grips for the shoes that fit one day, but not the next, and another pair of shoe laces.
NOT that I imagine for an instant that everything will stay complete…I’m sure all sorts of things will surface or be newly born, during today’s Tech/Dress, or tomorrow’s double dress rehearsals, but on the whole, I feel reasonably assured I’m where I should be.
I even managed to squeeze in being drowned at Summerfolk in Owen Sound on the weekend. Missed the major rains on Friday, (and unfortunately, the concerts I’d most wanted to hear), but caught the showers on Saturday, and some really good music, and the downpour Sunday suppertime, finishing up the evening with Valdy,(playing the same songs, I’m sure, that he played when I was in University!), and driving home to the final strains of Trout Fishing in America.
No comments:
Post a Comment