Well, I’ve finished the first go-round of fittings! What was theoretical, now just needs to be altered. (Unless, of course, when we have a showing for the director next week, he really isn’t happy with the clothing ON the kids….)
I do know that he was really hankering after the look of an off-white linen suit for Sebastian and Viola/Cesario. And yes, it’s absolutely perfect for the entire idea of setting this in 1950’s Cuba. BUT…
Not only were there no cream suits of any type in the costume stock, and certainly none that would fit my double cast; if I were to try and fake it out of cream jackets and pants, then I’d also be trying to match up the colour.
As it stands, going for the “yacht club” look of cream pants, blue blazer, burgundy tie, and straw fedora, the cream pants aren’t all cream and the blue of the blazers aren’t the same. But I think I’ve got enough similarity that the audience could possibly believe in the deception….
And now I get to start wrestling with the costumes for their non-speaking roles; townspeople, musicians and sailors.
But first, I’m at home tomorrow to try and do all the alterations I’ve been noting down and pinning into place!
No comments:
Post a Comment