Monday, August 29, 2005

all over but the crying...

Or was that the laundry...

Yup. Four hundred pounds of laundry, I’m guessing. I had a bit of a panic when it seemed like I was actually gathering up more washable items than I had containment for...but we prevailed.

Show is over. It was a bit weird, in that it was all either the opening performances (and the ensuing excitement) or closing performances (and the ensuing excitement.) There was never just a bit of normal run.

But on the whole, the kids were good. Some of them definitely have the potential to go on and be more than good. Certainly, they’ve shown they can learn. They now know what a hanger is. Next time we’ll work on the intricacies of perfect use!
Some of them were not only talented, but downright classy. And a couple of them really won my heart!

But BOY! Am I ever so glad I’m not a parent!!! I’m more than happy to give them up after a few weeks!

So, I’m about five or six loads into my clean up. I’ll have to shuffle the whole lot, minus my own stuff, back over to the theatre workshops this week. And still need to connect with the artistic director. Though we did have a few more hasty words after Friday night’s performance. He was quite impressed with the costumes on this one, and may be able to use me for some other shows during the season.

Not exactly a life-supporting career, but still enjoyable.

Mind you, there are FAR too many stairs in that theatre! I feel a wreck after all the upping and downing, especially with costumes and laundry and boxes of shoes and hats. And a couple of nights ago I tripped over a curb in the pitch black behind the building, and landed on knee and heels of hands, so my arms and shoulders are feeling a bit jarred, and my poor battered knee was being incredibly fragile yesterday. But then, things like that are always more painful on the second day. So here’s hoping for the third…

Back to the laundry.

No comments: