Sure, now, and I hadn’t expected to be reading Shakespeare with my morning coffee… But there it is! I seem to have suddenly become costume designer (and wardrobe) for a young company’s production of Twelfth Night.
Well, yes, the TD had mentioned to me back at the end of June that this show was upcoming, and had asked me if my schedule was such that I might want my name suggested. (I’d done another show with her earlier in the year.)
And then, in mid-July, their production manager had called to ask if I was still interested, and I had a vision of my name being added to a list.
Then, time passed. And since we kind of reached the point where they’d been going to be starting, with no further word, I said Oh Well, and put it out of my mind.
Imagine my surprise on coming home from a postal run to town yesterday to find a message from the TD asking if last evening or tonight would be best for a production meeting with the director!
It does seem that a few wires got crossed. They eventually chivvied the PM to get back to me with the offer and confirm the whole thing, and I hightailed it off to the meeting. And yes, it seems I’m not just coordinating the costumes, I’m designing them! Within the parameters of the director’s vision of course. Cuba, in the 1950’s. Hmmmm….. And of course, young people, and more girls than boys, and a shoestring budget, and only enough money for me that it won’t cost me to do this…. Oh well. No-one ever said I had a head for business.
I just hope there’s SOMETHING in the theatre’s costume stock to start us off!
1 comment:
Congrats on the work sweetie :)
Post a Comment