Wednesday, July 20, 2005

the philosophy of blogging

I’m being nagged, ever so nicely, by my audience of one, that I’m not really yet getting into the spirit of blogging.

I replied that I haven’t yet wrapped my head around the idea of something which may or may not be read, depending on who I tell about it, and the ever-present concerns about being boring or tedious or whiny (how DO you spell that?), not to mention trying to remember WHO I give this address to, supposing I do, and not to say anything I will regret…

I never was a diarist in my life. It was a great idea, but between having nothing much to say, and being lousy at sticking to deadlines or schedules….

Occasionally I have concepts or ideas or theories, or experiments that it would be nice to set down somewhere, even if no-one reads them. But they don’t happen in any kind of predictable fashion.

Maybe I can just wax poetic about the inability to think of things to say?

Mind you, out of this exercise, I have at least figured out how to FTP things with the programs I currently have, so that’s a kind of achievement, isn’t it?

1 comment:

Karen said...

So, may I link to your blog now? :)