Monday, March 03, 2008

Wow!

So, *MY* holiday this year will just be tagging along on a trip to 'smeltfest' in Virginia. But heck, I like Virginia. I love to talk to cardinals. I love the scenery. I like the southern drawls in people's voices. I get excited by new and exciting groceries in the store. I get to stock up on my beloved Mezzetta Hot Chili Peppers. And I even get to hang about and participate in iron smelting, which I actually kind of enjoy. (Though I am NOT obsessed like Darrell is!)

But now it turns out that our hosts have been loaned their neighbour's house, just a short roll down the mountain from where they live, for all the guests to stay in. Wow! Maybe I'll ignore the smelting and just laze about here all day!



We saw this place partially completed the first time we visited. Gorgeous setting. Interesting looking house. Lee and Elizabeth just live a short jaunt further up the mountain behind this. (If one can call it a jaunt when you're old and out of shape like we are, and not used to land that isn't pretty flat...

And it looks like the interior is pretty eye-catching as well. If nothing else, I'll have to try to take some great photos when I'm down there this spring.


No comments: