Of course, it was so bright out that I couldn't tell when I'd actually turned the camera on. I couldn't see the indicator light on the top, and I couldn't see the display on the back. It also made it virtually impossible to tell if anything at all was in focus, or even if I was aiming usefully.The snow was all fresh and deep and white. Well, and blue, too. Trees cast wonderful shadows.

Lily got a bit crazy, with the sun, and the heat in it, and dashed about, up trees, down, rolling and writhing at my feet in the snow, and then off on another tear-ass. She did pause briefly to pose...

But when we started our walk she had less patience, and wouldn't stay in frame as I headed away from her.

It's still a short enough time after our last wierd thaw, that all the water isn't frozen solid. Or at least hiding under a thicker crust. It looks like our well, which always starts artesianing (is that a word?) in the spring, when the water table is so much higher, has been sending some tentative purcolations down its overflow tunnel, and it gives the slightest hint (possibly misleadingly) of a spring thaw to someday come.

Even the river is doing its best to hint at 'thaw'.

And as we walked back, we could still hear the water noisily roaring along. Of course, there's yet another storm on its way. They're making 'bigger and better' noises about it. So, by later this weekend, maybe all these hints of spring will have vanished under still one more layer of the dreaded white stuff! sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment