Well, on the off hand chance I’ve sorted out my arguments with the ftp software, I thought maybe I’d pull a Karen and post some pictures. Not that I have much growing yet. There’s the ever-faithful coltsfoot, first to show its face. There’s a tiny hopeful nubbin of possible rhubarb. (At least it survived the first winter. Now we have to wonder if the location will suit.)
I notice that there are some hopeful leafbud nodules on the lilac that Karen gave me last year, though the thrice-damned bunnies ate the last of my first two rowan trees. Sigh. First it was the beavers, now it’s bunnies.
And the lovely little smoke tree that Neil got me looks to have been totally flattened by this winter’s snow. We always get too much. All my little baby pines and spruce are growing up bent and twisted because they spend the entire winter pressed to the ground. Well, hopefully it will come back. It’s pretty tough when you get past all the other hardships of trying to have some plants grow, only to discover new difficulties every step along the way!
Well, I tired to take a couple of pictures, though sadly, my little digital camera really isn’t up to much. However, it was free, so I suppose beggars can’t be choosers. But it has no options at all. I can’t focus, I can’t view the pictures I’ve taken, I can delete the last picture or all pictures, and it has a mini-memory.
So, what I’ve taken, and hope I can link, and hope are vaguely distinguishable are:
My one little bunch of crocii

all abuzz with little honey bees.
And my one woad or weld plant.

(Okay, which is it? It’s sort of ruffly like woad, but bigger leaved like weld.)
[Hmmmm....sorry, pictures have gone far larger and fuzzier than I imagined!]
And if we have a week of milder temperatures, like they’re predicting, maybe more things will start to wake up….
1 comment:
I *think* it's woad.
Post a Comment