The end of civilization as we know it!
The Conservatives won the election.
And even worse, these are not the Conservatives I grew up with, the PC’s, the Tories, this is a new and darker mutation that really scares me. When they were reborn, it seemed like all the most extreme ideas came to the fore, and anything with even a modicum of sense was thoroughly quashed.
There had even been a time, way back when Charest was part of the picture, that I was even able to stop and think about the Conservative Party as a legitimate choice. Not that I voted for them, but I did stop and ponder, which had never happened before.
And even the Reform Party, back in the days of Preston Manning, while not the way I was interested in going, wasn’t something to fear. In fact, there was the sense that in a minor role, they had something to offer.
But the Alliance (was that what they were called) started crossing the line into places that make me uneasy, and the merging of the PC’s and the Alliance just scares me!
And ANY new Gov’t that just plans to repeal anything that was put in place by their predecessors, without discussing it with the country, terrifies me.
So, it’s a minority government. How soon can we overthrow them?
2 comments:
Well, we don't want to overthrow them too terribly quickly.
The Liberals need time to find a leader and make him/her familiar to the public.
It would be nice if the Conservatives could manage to do something, anything, truly stupid during that time.
*sigh*
And ... oh yea gods, the public will never forgive the party that throws us into another election if it's too soon.
I'm still pissed at Jack Layton for forcing this last one.
Post a Comment