So, it is a classic method of discussing winter, in my circle, by taking a picture of deck furniture slowly disappearing under its load of white stuff.Well, I do have a deck. But I don't have any deck furniture on it. AND... currently I can't really get to where I'd be able to take a telling photo anyhow.
But I did feel that we seem to have had enough of a snowload so far this season that I ought to record it in some way. So yesterday I took a couple of pictures. Then for some reason I didn't get around to uploading them. And in the night we had even more snow. (This is well post-'December Ice Storm'. This is just boring old snow.) But there's enough of a change from yesterday to today that I thought I should try to duplicate the shots.
This first picture is out my kitchen window. Yesterday's load of snow, sitting on top of a plant pot, and on top of the deck bench box.
By this morning, the heights had increased somewhat. In fact, the snow cap on the bench box (which is only the height of a comfortable sitting surface) is now about as high as my breastbone. And the deck is the same level as the floor in my flat. (Actually the snow depth on the deck looks to be easily thigh deep everywhere!)
The next angle is the deck railing outside the kitchen, where a previous photo showed my friend Squirrel, eating walnuts. Obviously, if Squirrel had been by recently, we'd know it!
Today...
the snow is even deeper, and had formed even more of a wall along the one rail.
But in the living room, the deep window well between the sloping sections of roof is rapidly disappearing!
Yesterday, it was impressively deep:
But you can still see the backyard trees beyond. By today I was hard put to replicate the angle and still show the level of snow so you could tell where it was.
(HINT: look *above* the shelf with the coloured glass!)
It's definitely getting deep out there...
v






No comments:
Post a Comment