Yes, a couple of days passed, and I had no gratuitous cat pictures.Now, it wasn't so much that I didn't have cat pictures. Heavens no! As a cat and camera owner, I have gazillions of cat pictures. Even when cats aren't being unbelievably photogenic, they are still the things we are far more likely to use as test subjects for cameras, or newly learned functions of cameras...
(Go ahead. Ask anyone else who owns both a camera and a cat. See what they say!)
I did slip Mr. Squirrel in. Who was almost as appealing and photogenic as a cat...
But it was so cold over the last few days...[How cold was it, Anti-V?] that warm furry cats simply weren't warm enough. I wanted some kind of picture of *hot*.
So, I went poking off through all my photo files, on two different hard drives, looking for some occasion where I'd taken pictures of 'hot'. (I should have checked the iron smelting folders. Now there's 'hot'...)
I found pictures of summer, and growing things. Which were nice. But they didn't really speak of heat to me. I did find a handful of cats in hot weather, doing that really flat inanimate thing that hot cats do... That might have served two purposes, 'hot' and 'gratuitous cats'.
But then today, two of my highly photogenic brood discovered a patch of sun. Don't they look lovely?
Of course the truth is actually that Lily found the sun, and was happily napping when her brother came along and discovered Lily. I don't think she was too impressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment