Sunday, April 13, 2008

Road Trip!

Yup, in case all five of you wondered what had happened to me....
I was away for some of March, ten days down to Virginia, and when I got back I was immediately deep into production for the last show of the 2007/2008 season, Mesa, about a drive from Calgary, Alberta to Mesa, Arizona.

And I just wasn't ending up with the time to formulate stuff for the blog. Sorry. Mind you, I took about 150 pictures while I was gone, (and that was only when I'd suddenly think to do it), and there may be random pictures, and certainly comments, about the show. So now to get off my expansive butt and do something about it!

Of course, in the brain dead aftermath of opening the show, I'm not even quite certain where to start.
I'd taken a bunch of photos in Virginia, of spring. Because it does exist, and it was there while we were. Then we suddenly were having spring up here, and I thought oh well, I've been scooped!
But last night it snowed. (Blame Steve-o. He shaved his beard off. This exact same thing happened last year when he did that...)
It does mean that my 'spring' pics are still valid, though. Mind you, I think pics of spring are ALWAYS valid!

Anyway, in the spirit of true Random Thinking, let's just leap in and see where we go.
I'd noticed this morning as I was logging in to Google, that they were muttering about some new features they're developing, including 'post-dated blogs' of some sort, and thought it would be a handy thing. But then it occurred to me that I can even just write much of this up as drafts, and dole them out in doses, as opposed to swamping you all at once. It might also give me the chance to reread and edit and add to further stuff as I go, on the very slight off-hand chance of making sense. (Or would that just warp the universe for everyone?)

Besides, as I go, I need to organize the photos into some kind of coherent order, which is not the way I took them.

But let's start with a quick shot of something. (Photowise. Sun's not over the yardarm here yet...) Here's a picture of the view across the valley, probably from the living room of the house we were staying at. I never did fully master depth of field, with such an expanse to photograph!

No comments: