This last week (only a week????) I've been working on the "School Tour"
production for the theatre. This is a show that happens at end of
January/beginning of February, as a co-production with the Sudbury Theatre
Centre, and is primarily presented to school audiences.
The show this season is Night Light, a play about "bullying and monsters in
the closet". It will be performed before around 13 audiences of about 250 jk
to grade 5 children, plus two open performances.
It's actually an appealing little play, made moreso by our rather wacky
cast.
What's strange is that four days after starting, I was already feeling like
I was down to the wire for time, and within five days, had pretty much blown
my budget! (Okay, there's a tenfold difference in budget between this show
and a mainstage show...)(Well, at least I think that's how the math works.
What does "tenfold" mean, anyway?)
Anyway, I'm now down to tweaking the costume for the monster, and painting
rainboots...
Mind you, it's been a far simpler ride, just doing some ordinary clothes.
They play kids, so it's just t-shirts and pants and jumpers and pj's. Well,
okay, lots of them. And we wanted superhero pyjamas, and there were none to
be had. Then, the other day, I walked into the Wal-Mart, where I'd been only
the day before, and voila! Superman pj's!!! Wow!
However, no miracles have happened with the rainboots. Sorry, Orangeville
and environs in January, ain't the place to look for rainboots! Well, not
for adults, anyway!
So, experiments with Krylon Fusion paint....
Anyway, that's what I'm up to.
anti-v
No comments:
Post a Comment