Saturday, July 22, 2006

Better Living Through Science?

I'd had an idea to stretch some leftover curry for tonight's dinner, and was
thinking of making some pakoras, using a new concept I'd had, and utilising
some tinned chickpeas in the batter... (Up here, we do NOT have exotic
flours for such purposes!)
And I'd discovered, lo and behold, I had no tinned chickpeas. Which
actually surprised me, because for some inscrutable reason they've ended up
on Darrell's regular grocery radar....

On the very slight offhand chance, I thought I'd check the supplies in the
trailer. No chickpeas. What I did find, and hastily offer up to the pond
fish, was a bag with two cheese-flavoured English muffins, dated from
August. *NOT* the kind of thing one thinks of as a long-term storable
staple!

The scary thing was that not only were they still squeezably "fresh", they
weren't mouldy, either.

Not that I'd have dared to eat them...I only hope it doesn't kill my fish!

vandy

1 comment:

Karen said...

Poke, poke, poke....still alive?

Karen